Thursday, May 16, 2013

Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce



2 Cup Cauliflower, Cooked
1 1/4 Cup 1% Milk
3 Oz. Cream Cheese
1 Tbsp. Flour
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. Salt
1 Tbsp. Butter
4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
Place the cooked cauliflower, milk, cream cheese, flour, salt, onion powder and black pepper, into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat and add in the garlic. Sauté for a few seconds, careful not to burn.
Add the cauliflower mixture to the pan and cook, stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes or until be begins to come to a simmer. Continue to stir, cooking for a few more minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
Once thickened, remove the pan from the heat and add in the cheese. (I used mozzarella the first time, it made the sauce a little stringy. Not recommended :) ) Stir and cover immediately. Let the sauce stand for 10 minutes before using. The sauce will continue to thicken while it sits.
Recipe adapted from: http://www.theskinnyfork.com/
Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind,
that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good
and acceptable and perfect.

Daily Treasures:
  • I am thankful for time, the time I get to spend at home.
  • I am thankful for transportaion. I will never take for granted how lucky I am to have my own runing vehicle.
  • I am thankful for a warm and comfortable home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment